Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quote of The Day (QOTD)


Hi everyone! If you haven't already know, from now onwards I'll be sharing QOTD or Quotes of The Day that I stumbled across online or from reading. As I've stated previously, Quote of the Day is being posted up as and when we find interesting or inspiring quotes to share that keeps everyone moving!


Today's quote is by Mark Twain:
" In 20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Personally, this is a very inspiring quote. When I first stumbled upon it I was like, whatever. But now that I'm trying to work hard towards what I really love, this is the quote I would turn to, to keep me motivated. The quote itself is very self-explanatory. 

Like it says, in 20 years time, you will be disappointed by the things you didn't do. For whatever reason, you are afraid, you did not want to take the first step. You have to try, step out of your comfort zone, do it because you know you are going to enjoy it, don't be afraid of what you think the outcome might be, you might not know but most of the time what we think or perceived as the outcome are far worse than it actually will be.

"You only live once" it pretty much summarized the quote above. Since it's still the beginning of the new year, is there something you really wanted to do for the longest time but you are afraid to? Conquer the fear, do it because you are going to love it. It's going to be worth it. You are going to look back one day in your life and feel glad you had done so. And if all else fails, you gain a valuable lesson out of it. We all make mistakes in life so that we can learn.

That's all for today's quote! I hope you all feel as motivated as I am right now! If you have any inspiring or interesting quotes to share with us, you can tweet me @Acireloves with the hash-tag #QOTD and #SaigeandAcire for me to find your Quotes and post it up here to share with everyone else! You can also Instagram your Quotes to me @Acireloves with the same hash-tags!

Disclaimer: All opinions provided are based on personal experiences and belongs to me!

Xoxo,
Acire 

No comments:

Post a Comment