Thursday, November 1, 2012

BEAUTY TIP - How To Save Dried Gel Eyeliner

Hey Girlies, Acire here bringing to you the very first post! Today I'm going to share with you a Beauty Tip on How To Save / Rescue / Revive your dried-up Gel Eyeliner.

I love using Gel Eyeliner, it's smooth and a little bit goes a very long way. What annoys me the most is how fast they dry up! I've also heard that when Gel Eyeliner starts to dry up, it's time to dispose it and get a new one. But its been less than 5 months since I've bought my Gel Eyeliner, it's so new! I wouldn't want to waste money buying a new one. So I decided to save/ rescue/ revive it!

The Gel Eyeliner that I've been using recently is "Drawing Show Creamy Liner" in Matt Brown-Black from Etude House. (I got it this year from Korea in July) 

Several times I try to ignore the fact that it has already dried up and used it as per normal but not only do I take longer time to draw my Eyeliner, there will be big chunk of the product stuck on my Eyeliner Brush. And without fail, I get even more annoyed.

It's so dried up, there's even a crack in the middle. 
So I remember seeing somewhere online methods to save/ rescue/ revive Gel Eyeliner, so I thought, why not try it? And it does work! So I've decided to share with all of you the method (that I use) to saving your dried up Gel Eyeliner.


Firstly, things that you need - 1. A Zip-Lock Bag (Small one will do); 2. Your dried-up Gel Eyeliner (Duh~!); 3. A bowl of warm water (For mine I took hot water from the hot-flask and let it cool down for a minute or two. You do not want to use hot boiling water as it will melt your plastic Zip-Lock Bag!); 4. An Eyeliner Brush or a Q-Tip!

Things that you need~
Now you've all prepared, all you have to do is to put your Gel Eyeliner into the Zip-Lock bag, zip it up!(make sure there is no air in the bag or else your bag is going to be floating above the warm water and it will not work that way) Next, place the bag into your bowl of warm water (make sure your Gel Eyeliner is entirely submerged in the bowl of warm water) wait for 10-15 minutes!

Waiting, waiting & waiting~
Almost done! Take out your Gel Eyeliner, open it up and you would have already realized it's no longer as dried up. Now take your Eyeliner Brush / Q-tip and start to do a little mixing your Gel Eyeliner! You will notice its so much smoother than before, your Gel Eyeliner is now as good as new!

As good as new!
I will suggest doing this every once in a while when you find that your Eyeliner is drying up. But its time to throw it down the bin when you know you've already had that Gel Eyeliner since 2 years back. I hope you like what I've shared!

If you find this post of any help, do share it with your friends! Do you already know this trick or know a better way to save/ rescue/ revive a dried up Gel Eyeliner? Want more Beauty Tip like this? Leave a comment; I would definitely like to hear from you! 

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this Blog post are purchased by me. All opinions belongs to me!

Xoxo,
Acire 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks I love the first tip resting your elbow before applying so simple but I never even thought about it definitely gonna try these eyeliner tips

    ReplyDelete