Wednesday, December 26, 2012

November 2012 Favourites!


Hey everyone, first up I hope everyone had a blast on Christmas Eve and/ or Christmas Day! Sorry for not posting another Mani-Monday cause I was busy preparing for a party on Christmas Eve. Anyway, I remember I did a 'October 2012 Favourites' post in the beginning of November, and it's the end of December already yet I haven't done my 'November 2012 Favourites'.

So here it is!

This would be a short post as I'm still loving some of the items I've shared in my 'October 2012 Favourites' post.

November Beauty Favourites
From left to right: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, Tsubaki Head Spa, Clean & Clear Oil Control Film,
Soap & Glory The Scrub of Your Life, Watsons' Paddle Hair Bush
I'll start off with the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and Soap & Glory's The Scrub of Your Life; body scrub. The reason I purchased these 2 products is because my right arm is really rough due to using an acne cream prescribed to me by my doctor, and I've previously used body scrubs given to me by my friend it wasn't that fantastic I would say, it doesn't leaves my skin smooth, it works just like normal body wash. 

So I decided to get one from Sephora, I always loved Soap & Glory products cause it smells so good. I've used their shampoo previously but discontinued because I've found a better and cheaper alternative. Any ways, I've used The Scrub of Your Life a few times now and I love love love love it! Like it says on the packaging;

 ü once rough elbows go suddenly silky
 ü the bumps are gone from the backs of your arms


If you have not tried Soap & Glory products, I would definitely recommend all to try, but bear in mind that their products are slightly more costly compared to some similar products you may find in Watsons or Guardian.
As for the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream I just need a moisturizer for my rough arms under air conditioner as it turns really dry and I've read many good reviews on Cetaphil products, plus it's a moisturizer for sensitive skin so I figured it won't clash with my prescribed acne cream. It's really moisturizing, I brought it to my vacation where it is winter there, and it keeps my body and importantly, my arms, really moisturized. I recommend this for people who have sensitive skin, it is really good, but for  people with normal skin type it is rather pricey compared to other moisturizer.
Okay, now I have really oily scalp and just my scalp cause the other parts of my hair doesn't get oily. I have to wash my hair every single day. My previous trip to Korea I've bought a product from innisfree mint green tea scaler. It works really well and my hair gets less oily than before. But since then I finished using but I found a product that works almost as well, Tsubaki Head Spa. It is stated to deep cleanse scale and hair of impurities and dead cells accumulated from usage of hair styling products, refreshes oily prone scalp. However this product leaves my hair a little dry after rinsing out so I need to put on extra conditioner. But I recommend this product for people who have yet to try deep cleansing products for their scalp.

Photo Credit: genzelkisses.com
I also bought together with the Tsubaki Head Spa, Watson's Paddle Hair Brush. I've been wanting a paddle hair brush ever since I've seen many beauty gurus using it. And, oh my god, guys, this is by far the best hair brush I've ever used. I swear. Initially I thought that it's just myself for thinking that it makes my hair super smooth but the next day after I bought and used it, I went out with a friend of mine and she asked me how did my hair got even more smooth than before. Crazy right? Plus this paddle hair brush is cheaper compared to many others that I've seen. Definitely recommend all to buy it especially if you have thick hair like me!

Photo Credit: frombeautylab.blogspot.com
I use oil control film by clean and clear (the blue one) every now and then when my face gets oily. I've ran out of the blue one and decided to get the pink one which is said to have fragrance. I really like it! It has a grapefruit fragrance to it and I believe per pack there is more film than the blue one? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Photo Credit: nattacosme.com
Last beauty favourite that is not included in the picture is Koji Dolly Wink's Liquid Eyeliner in Brown. I don't know about other people but for me it's really difficult to find a brown liquid eyeliner that's waterproof in where I stay. So when I found this while shopping one day I had to buy it. I like using brown eyeliner for a more natural make up but I always can't find a waterproof liquid liner. However if I'm not wrong, this liquid eyeliner is more expensive than their black ones when I bought it, I'm not sure if the price has change since then or not.

November Favourite Playlist
I went to watch Pitch Perfect at the beginning of November and of course, the songs they sang in the movie is definitely my favourites for the month! There were many songs they sang but if I have to choose, I narrow them down to my favourite six!
  1. Bella's Finals: Price Tag/Don't You/Give Me Everything
  2. Trebles Finals: Bright Lights Bigger City/Magic 
  3. Bellas: Party in the U.S.A
  4. Riff Off: Mickey/ Like A Virgin/ Hit Me With Your Best Shot/ S&M/ Let's Talk About Sex/ I'll Make Love To You/ Feels Like The First Time/ No Diggity
  5. Audition: Since You've Been Gone
Pitch Perfect was so good that I went to watch it again! It's the first ever movie that I watched twice in the theatre. Also, I remember I got all so excited that I tweeted about it and the writer of Pitch Perfect actually found my tweet and favourited it.

That's all for my November 2012 Favourites. Hopefully there's other favourites in my December 2012 Favourites, which I should be posting in a few days time, so stay tuned till then. Meanwhile you can catch me on my twitter for daily updates!

Xoxo,
Acire 

No comments:

Post a Comment