Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 2012 Favourites!


Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that since the start of this year I haven't been posting much and only posted QOTDs. Nevertheless, I'm back with a full proper post! And yes, this is my December 2012 Favourites! You can also check out my October and November 2012 Favourites post over here and here.

Alright then, let's begin!


As usual, I'll start off the post with...


December Beauty Favourites
(I'm sorry I didn't took a photo of all the products, I figured it will be unnecessary and if you haven't already realised, my room has bad lightings, so from now onwards I might not post a photo of all products..)


My first favourite beauty product for December is my NYX The Runway Collection 10 colour Eye-shadow Palette. This palette has been lying in my beauty drawer for quite some time I would say. The reason I didn't got into using it was because I bought it online and when it came, I wasn't too excited about the colours in it. See, the problem with online purchasing. But I decided to give it a second chance and brought it along with me on my recent overseas trip and I've been using it everyday since. It is a very neutral eye-shadow palette to use for a everyday kinda look.

Here are the swatches:


The colours or rather, shades that I used are 6 for inner corners of my eyes and brow bones, 8 (Champagne colour) on my eyelids and a either 2, 5, 9 or 10 on the outer corners of my eyelids. I also use a mixture of 3 and 7 to neutralise my eyelid colour, sort of like a base colour.

Next product that I've been using a lot in the month of December and grew to like it is,


The Sephora Mineral Foundation Compact. I'm using shade moyen/ medium 26. I'm not sure if I mentioned any compact foundation or powder in my other favourites post but let me just begin by saying, this is not my foundation. It's my mum's. The reason I used this was because during November I went to my cousin's house to do her prom make up for her and I accidentally left my own's compact powder at her place. So I didn't have any other compact powder at home and resorted to using my mum's. You must be thinking, "eww, you're so unhygienic!" Well, firstly, she is my mum! Secondly, my mum only used this compact the maximum thrice, on occasions. Plus I used a clean sponge or brush to use it so I find it okay..? I really like this foundation as it gave quite good coverage and doesn't get all cakey. So I'll probably buy a new one for my mum now that this compact has been overly used by me.

My third beauty product for December is,


Maybelline's the Falsies Volume Express Waterproof. The reason I bought it was because I saw way way way too many good reviews about this Mascara. I for one am not a big fan of mascara because it smudges and etc, etc. You should know the cons of mascara. And dang it, this mascara is by far the best mascara I have ever used, I was going to throw all my previous mascaras away. It is that good. I also realised recently that I have long straight eye-lashes but short in volume. I used to have short lashes but thick volume I swore that's why I always buy mascaras for lengthening. All in all, it is indeed, voluminizing enough and very waterproof. You can google search there are reviews or videos that people conduct experiments on how waterproof it is!

My fourth beauty product for December is,


Hello Kitty Lip Balm. When I first saw this Lip Balm, I was like: "OH MY GOD. HELLO KITTY + LIP BALM. YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Then I was like: "I bet it's only the packaging that's nice, the product won't be that fantastic~ (Being bought so many stuffs with nice packaging that disappoints me, I became stereotyped)" Feeling very sceptical about it, I bought to try. By the way I got this lip balm at Watsons for about I believe it's SGD$11.90. Just FYI.


Oh my goodness I was so wrong about it. I like the colour of the lip balm even more than my the Balm give 'em some lip! which I talked about in my October 2012 Favourites.


As you can see in the swatches, it is much more pigmented as compared. And also, the Hello Kitty Lip Balm is much more moisturizing. The only down side was I wished it stayed on my lips longer. But I'll definitely re-purchase it and purchase the other colours available too!

My fifth beauty product for December is,

Photo Credit: beautycrazed.ca

2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo by Marc Anthony. If you have oily scalp like I do, you should know by the 2nd day of washing your hair, the roots get all oily. And sometimes you have to head out but do not want to wash your head twice in a day, so what do you do? Clear Dry Shampoo. I literally love this product. It gives off a Raspberry Sweet smell, and like stated on the website, "When there isn’t enough time to shampoo, this residue-free 2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo lets you instantly cleanse your hair without the wash while absorbing excess oil and adding volume to flat, lifeless second day hair." 

Yes,
  ü No more oily hair
  ü No need to wash hair twice
  ü Nice smelling hair
  ü Gives volume to flat, lifeless hair

And of course, I used it so frequently that currently I need to go for second purchase. So one bottle lasted me for slightly more than a month. 

My last but not least, sixth beauty product for December is,

Photo Credit: beautyencounter.com

Ralph Lauren The Big Pony Collection for Women - No. 3, A Radiant Floral Fragrance. I've been wanting this fragrance or perfume for a while now ever since it was featured on CLEO magazine where you put out the page that was folded to smell the four different fragrances. So anyway, I finally got it and I've been using only this perfume ever since. I'm sorry my Burberry The Beat, but I like my Ralph Lauren better now. I love the floral smell and it's probably the only kind of fragrance I'll ever purchase, floral. Never a fan of sweet smelling perfume.

Moving on to my December Non-Beauty Favourites,

Photo Credit: melanieinthemiddle.com
December Favourite Candle
I have to confess, I am obsessed with scented candles. I cannot stop buying them I don't know why. And currently I am absolutely in love the Yankee Candle Scent - Treehouse Memories. Oh. My. God. It smells so so so amazing I cannot even begin to describe it. I'm guessing it smells like Autumn? I don't know we don't have four seasons here in Singapore. You should go to Yankee Candles stores or in Singapore, their counters in Robinsons or Isetan to smell it. It is so good. I burn it all the time in my room. My sis even bought me the 12 pieces tea light candles for me for Christmas.

December Favourite Playlist
My 2 favourite songs for this month comes from an episode of Glee, I believe it's the episode called "The Role You Were Born to Play"

1. Blow Me by Marley & Unique (Originally by P!nk)
2. Everybody Talks by Neon Trees (I remember liking the dance choreography of Everybody Talks on Glee sang by Kitty and Jake but the song was okay-ish until I heard it on the radio by the original singer, Neon Trees.)

That's all for my December 2012 Favourites. Now that I've finally concluded for the year of 2012, I believe I'll be posting up the Best of 2012 Tag soon, probably in a few days time, so stay tuned till then. 

Also, in case you missed our announcement earlier this week, we've created our Instagram and Twitter account! Now you can follow us on both Instagram and Twitter for updates and more! Find us @SaigeandAcire ! Pssss! We might be doing give-aways later time of this year so remember to follow us! For more daily updates, you may follow me at my Instagram and Twitter @Acireloves

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this Blog post are purchased by me. Photos taken online are credited accordingly. All opinions are based on personal experiences and belongs to me!

Xoxo,
Acire 

No comments:

Post a Comment