Saturday, January 19, 2013

My 2013 New Year Resolutions!

Updated!

 

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been updating much on the blog. I've been sick for several days or coming to a week. Any ways, 2013 has been quite a great start, I feel really good about this year, I don't know why. Then I decided to sit down and think about some New Year Resolutions I want to achieve for 2013. I'm not quite the kind of person who set a new list of new year resolutions, I remember doing it once when I was 15 or 16? Did I managed to achieve my resolutions? Yeah, but only one out of the entire list! 

So today I decided to share with you guys what is my new year resolutions for this year and maybe you guys would want to set your new year resolution together with me if you haven't already done so? (I know it's already coming to the 4th week of January, but hey, it's still the beginning of the year, it's never to late to get started!) Lets keep our fingers crossed that by the end of 2013, I'll be able to achieve them all!

To start off, I've come to realized that the problem with not being able to achieve my new year resolutions was simple. Some of my goals were unrealistic, yes it was not mission impossible. But rather I wasn't looking at my own abilities to whether if that that point of time I could actually get that done or not.


My tip for everyone? 
When setting our new year resolutions, we should keep it as realistic as possible. Things that can be achieve from our own hard work and not things like, for example, "Strike lottery" and etc.

So after taking some time to jot down my list of resolutions, I came to realised that they all have one purpose, that is to improve myself to a better and happier person. Simple as that. So there is the list and how I plan to achieve them..

1. Become a better friend that my friends can count on
How to achieve that: Make a point to meet up with my friends at least once a month or two
So now that I've graduate from school for about half a year, I know it's no longer as easy as it was to have a get together with my friends than it was during our school time. And this applies to my other friends too, secondary school friends, internship friends and poly friends. I recently just met up with my internship friends about a year after I last met them during internship, how crazy long was that! I realised that I should make a point to meet up all my friends, at least once a month or two and not just once in a while during special occasions like New Years, Chinese New Year, Birthdays and Christmas. I want to be the friend that cares about my friends, and meeting up frequently allows us to update each other on what's happening in our lives and to always have a listening ear. Plus, if we ever get stressed out from work or university we know that we always have that one session per month that we can let it all out.

2. Travel overseas with my friends and/or family via my own means
How to achieve that: Find a job and start saving money
It's been a long time wish to travel overseas together with my bunch of friends. The last time I did so was during secondary school days where we travel to Vietnam with the school. It was so different than to travel with my family. I'm not saying that traveling with my family is not fun or what so ever, but it leaves a different experience as compared. So this year my friends were planning for a short getaway somewhere in the mid of the year and I would really want to be able to make it. Hence I need to earn money and start saving up. Also, my family travels quite frequent, about twice a year, and I really want to be able to pay for my own for these trips and not make my dad pay for the entire cost.

3. Blog more often
How to achieve that: Brainstorm and research new materials to blog about everyday
This applies to both this beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog and my personal blog. Ever since I've started this blog I've been neglecting my other personal blog. Maybe it's because I have lesser thing to blog about my personal life now since I've been chilling at home most of the days. But nevertheless, I will want to try to find materials to blog about on my personal blog. As for this blog here, I want to share more to all my readers, and do research on what I can share with all of you here. I've jotted down some beauty tips etc that I could share and can't wait to get started on the post. After all, I truly enjoy blogging that's for sure. Maybe I'll encourage Saige to finally start her first post, who knows!

4. Read more often!
How to achieve that: Read for at least 20 - 30 minutes every day
I've been trying to cultivate this reading habit for a long long time. I've started reading again last October after a long long time. A good book do really helps for me to be reading every day. After which I purchased a few more books and sure enough, I stopped. I really want to read books more often as I can, it really opens us up to the world, places we have yet to explore. Reading also helps me escape a little from the real world. So for this year, I am determined to read finish the existing books that I haven't read and read more, hopefully by the end of the year I can proudly say I've at least read 10 books for 2013.

5. Be happy and lose some weight (Healthily)
How to achieve that: Be aware of what I eat and eat healthly; Exercise regularly.
Let me disclaim first, I do not wish to achieve super skinny body. No. That's not my perception of beauty. What I mean by losing weight is actually to become a healthier person. I want to have a perfect BMI (which I'm pretty sure I'm not quite now). For people who don't know me in person, I am really short, somewhere in between 5'0 and 5'1. And I look kind of big size even thou I am currently somewhere between UK6-8. I want to achieve a balance look with my height and body size. So I'm hoping to become a UK4 maybe? Also, that way I can look better in other clothing too. Above all that, I really want to increase my metabolism rate because I want to have regular menstrual cycle. 

I've also heard that eating healthily and exercising can improves a person's mood. Exercising releases endorphins which triggers positive feelings in your body!

Regular exercise has been proven to:

  • Reduce stress
  • Ward off anxiety and feelings of depression
  • Boost self-esteem
  • Improve sleep

Exercise also has these added health benefits:

  • It strengthens your heart.
  • It increases energy levels.
  • It lowers blood pressure.
  • It improves muscle tone and strength.
  • It strengthens and builds bones.
  • It helps reduce body fat.
  • It makes you look fit and healthy. (Source)
And how I eat healthily? I drink green juice or smoothies every morning and have a vegetarian lunch. I still eat regularly for dinner. I don't deprive myself from food. I cut down on soda intakes which is mostly coke which I got really addicted to last year. So far so good, I only drank 2 sips for this year. I replace them with drinking loads of plain water and green tea. I also cut down on deep fried food which I already did since last year and beef. I've been following Nikki Phillippi (a youtuber) recently and she keeps me really motivated with her How To Be Happy January Series!

All in all, I just want to improve myself better. And become a happier me! So what are some of your new year resolutions set for 2013? Leave a comment below or a link to your blog post so that I can read them too! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Acireloves for my daily updates!

Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences and belongs to me!

Xoxo,
Acire

No comments:

Post a Comment